Welcome to GeoFact of the Day, where you can find fantastic facts about places, countries, cultures, languages, and other wonders of our world. I hope you enjoy!

New Map(s): NauruBangladeshOman

New Update(s): BeninBurundiCameroonCentral African Republic

Facebook page: facebook.com/geographyfact

Search for Posts, Maps, and Topics

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Helicopter Rides: Aerial Opportunity!


A couple photos taken above Plymouth from a helicopter ride during the Marshall County Blueberry Festival.

If you ever have the chance to ride in a helicopter in your hometown and want to see what your town looks like from above, then I would suggest doing so! I was able to take that opportunity while my town of Plymouth, IN hosted its annual Marshall County Blueberry Festival. Almost every previous year at the Plymouth Municipal Airport, there were helicopter rides available for anyone interested in sailing through the sky. Unfortunately, this privilege came with a hefty price-tag of $40 per person :(

...However, it was definitely worth it! It is one thing to ride a roller-coaster, but riding a helicopter over your house is pretty sweet! I took some photos with a disposable camera. Helicopter rides are a great way to see what your town looks like from a bird's-eye view; not only that, but you might discover buildings, forests, etc. that you never knew were there (I did)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Wonderful World (GeoWhiz) said...

Comment was originally posted on November 4, 2010 @ 10:56 PM.

Thank you so much :)

Wonderful World (GeoWhiz) said...

Comment was originally posted on December 5, 2010 @ 3:24 PM.

Thank you, and thank you so much for visiting my blog :D

Blog Content

● Content and graphics are created by me (pseudonym: Wonderful World), except when I credit other sources.

● I do not copy and paste from other websites. Therefore, all posts are original but may sometimes include information, links, and/or images from credited external sources. To use a GeoFact of the Day Blog image for your website or project, write a comment below a post — then I may approve your request.

● Feel free to offer comments, suggestions, and compliments on any post or page! You can be anonymous. Spam comments with non-relevant links will be deleted.

● Thanks for your loyal readership on the educational and reliable GeoFact of the Day Blog, in existence since 2008!

Thanks for Visiting from Anywhere in the World!

Countries and territories visiting GeoFact of the Day; thanks for stopping by today!

Over 470,000 views as of October 2023 — thank you!